In accordance with the Association of Canadian Archivists Guidelines for Student Chapters, the mission of the ACA@UBC is to:
1) Serve as a means of introducing new archivists into the profession;
2) Enhance the educational function by providing an additional focus for the students to discuss archival issues, identify with the profession, and engage in professional activities;
3) Promote communication among student members and between students;
4) Provide a communication channel for its members with the general membership of the Association and to the Board on matters of concern to the Chapter;
5) Develop the leaders of tomorrow’s archival profession; and
6) Attract new members into the Association.
For more information, see the UBC Student Chapter’s Policy & Procedures Manual