Next Wednesday, January 20, our friends at UBC’s Special Libraries Association (SLA) student group is hosting a panel titled “Convergence: Information Professionals in Libraries and Archives”. The time is 11:00am-12:30pm (panel begins at 11:30am) in Rm. 301 – Lillooet Room, Irving K. Barber Centre, UBC. Panelists include former SLAIS MAS students.
● Taryn Day is the Sample Librarian and Archivist for lululemon athletica, an international athletic apparel company founded in Vancouver.
● Bronwyn Guiton is a Research Librarian at Lawson Lundell LLP, a 3-person law firm library in downtown Vancouver, and President-Elect of the SLA Western Canada Chapter.
● Carolyn Soltau is a Research Librarian with The Province and Vancouver Sun, a contract Reference Librarian at Douglas College and Kwantlen Polytechnic University, and Vancouver Director of the SLA Western Canada Chapter.
● Kristy Waller is a Media Archivist at the Western Front, an artist-run centre, and a part-time auxiliary archivist at the City of Vancouver Archives.
● Jana Buhlmann is a Senior Project Archivist at Libraries and Archives Canada (LAC), a federal institution that acquires, preserves and makes Canada’s documentary heritage accessible.
Find out more about special libraries and archives, ask general questions about the panelists’ roles within their organizations, and discuss the differences between their roles as librarians and/or archivists. Lunch and refreshments will be served. Please register here before 3pm, Monday, January 18th.
If you are interested in volunteering to help out with the event, would like to submit topics or questions for the panel, or have any questions or concerns, please contact Cecilia Rose at email@example.com.