Save the date: February 14, 2014
Hosted by: ACA @ UBC International Symposium
Topic: Archival Migrations: Destruction, Repatriation and Memory
Where: Frederic Wood Theatre, University of British Columbia
The 6th Annual ACA@UBC International Symposium, “Archival Migration: Destruction, Repatriation and Memory,” will address the ethics, theory and praxis of archives and records in transition or transitory states through such topics as repatriated records; truth and reconciliation; community archives; recordkeeping in the developing world; the rights of the forgotten; and the right to be forgotten.
The Symposium will challenge and inform members of the profession, visiting experts, and students with rigorous and thoughtful conversation on professional issues that have significant consequences for human rights, the preservation of memory, and archival practice worldwide.
The confirmed presenters to date are:
· Anna Szlejcher, National University of Cordoba, Argentina
· Basma Makhlouf Shabou, University of Applied Sciences of Western Switzerland, Switzerland
· Bruce P Montgomery, University of Colorado, United States
· Hrvoje Stancic, University of Zagreb, Croatia
· Mpho Ngoepe, University of South Africa, South Africa
· Rania El-Gazzar, University of Adger, Norway
· Silvia Schenkolewski, Bar Ilan University, Israel
Registration will open in December. Be sure to keep an eye out for further updates on early bird registration specials, the Symposium program, and presentations abstracts!
Please join us in this interdisciplinary dialogue at the 6th Annual ACA@UBC International Symposium, as we explore archival migration!
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com.