The website for the 11th Annual Seminar and Symposium (February 14-15, 2019) coming soon!
Once again, the Association of Canadian Archivists Student Chapter at the University of British Columbia (ACA@UBC) is delighted to present its annual international Seminar and Symposium, Policy Matters, which will be held at UBC from February 14th to 15th, 2019.
Whether to enact legislation and regulations, to implement standards and codes of professional ethics, or to meet the demand for the use of new technologies and societal or community requirements, policies guide nearly all aspects of recordkeeping, archival, and information practices. Recent technological and cultural shifts mean that records and archives professionals increasingly have to reconcile demands internal to the profession with those of their stakeholders, partners, users and society at large.
The 11th annual ACA@UBC Seminar and Symposium will explore the multifaceted role of policy in the history, present and future of the records and archives professions.
Event dates and location:
As in previous years, all events will take place on the University of British Columbia campus. The event will feature a Seminar-day and a Symposium-day. The seminar consists of interactive panels with a range of international speakers, while the symposium features presentations in which speakers express their personal opinions and share their experiences. Students, academics, and professionals are invited to attend both events and to actively participate.
Confirmed Speakers to date:
- David Loukidelis (David Loukidelis QC Law Corporation)
- Normand Charbonneau (Library and Archives Canada)
- John Roberts (Archives of Ontario)
- Lluis Casellas (City of Girona Archives, Spain)
- Jenny Bunn (University College London, GB)
- Sebastien Soyez (National Archives of Belgium)
- Camille Callison (University of Manitoba)
- Basma Makhlouf Shabou (Haute École de Gestion, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Gustavo Castaner (European External Action Service (EEAS), Brussels, Belgium)